Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Helping Others is a Fruit

Have you ever waded through the clutter on the floor of a store?  Trust me -- that clutter did NOT get there by store personnel; it is NOT the store's display. 


Today, I ventured into a few stores in search of boys size 14 clothing (not jeans and t-shirts).  First of all, there were masses of people to side-step and wait upon while they took their sweet time looking at things.  Eventually, when I DID make it down a sort of clear aisle, there were things lying on the floor knocked off by shoppers -- belts, bras, toys, whatever, and I said to myself, "Some people are plain pigs."


Yesterday I took a gamble on the throngs on people awake at 6 a.m. and went to a Friday-only sale.  There were about 25 of us standing in line when the doors opened.  Within 2 minutes of entering (and I was still standing outside), some lady had about 6 items on the floor in search of the best item on the shelf.  This is SO, SO, SO very rude!  There is a saying that the customer is always right, but this type of behavior is SO VERY CONTRARY to that saying.


I recalled my early days of Christmas shopping and remembered that there were never items strewn across the floor of any store.  "So is this a generational difference," I first asked?  Nope, the lady who had several items pulled out was older than me.  So what is it?  Upbringing?  (should I dare ask -- cultural?)  


Fortunately for the stores, my upbringing taught me how to help.  (Ok, the bras on the floor were a little bit out of my league.  Rudolf's red nose would have nothing on my blushing countenance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment